Top Ten Cafe Turn-Offs
When looking for a new coffee shop to include in the Built Now & Then blog, I usually spend time walking around an area looking for the most appealing and interesting place I can find. They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but that just cannot apply when selecting a café.
When it comes to spending sacred coffee time, I’m not prepared to sit in a dive, even if the coffee is amazing!
That being said, here is a list of my top ten cafe turn-offs:
1. Horrible polished aluminium stacking chairs;
2. Table cloths;
3. Ugly mass produced artwork;
4. No architectural features or attractive styling;
5. Cavernous spaces which haven’t been creatively zoned to offer a variety of seating options;
6. Share tables only;
7. Obvious lack of staff presence;
8. Staff at the front door poaching customers;
9. Leather bound menus; and/or
Why Coffee? Read my About BNT Blog page to find out.